Review: The Weakness (Animorphs #37)

09:06 Cilla 0 Comments

Title: The Weakness (Animorphs #37)
Author: K.A. Applegate
Publisher: Scholastic Paperbacks
Source: The internet
Synopsis: 

While Jake is away at an out-of-town wedding, Tobias discovers the place where Visser Three feeds. There is a unanimous decision to acquire cheetah morphs and run him down. But which Animorph will lead the mission in Jake's absence?


Review: ⋆⋆

My endeavour to complete the Animorphs series continues. I've lost interests after the last couple of books dipped in quality, but I only have about 14 more to go before I finish, so I'm going to hang in there.

Unfortunately #37 hasn't impressed me any more than the last few books have. I'm going to go ahead and assume this was one of the ghost-written installments, because Rachel's character was pretty much ruined in this one. There was no subtlety about her warrior instincts, and her struggle with leadership was as predictable as it was flat. The action scenes were a lot of fun, but Animorphs' strength for me has always been about the emotional struggles. That was sorely missing here. 

Overall, I don't see the point of this installment, except maybe to highlight that there's no better leader for this little rebel group than Jake

0 comments:

Thanks for reading! It makes my day to hear your thoughts and I will respond asap. :)