[Rewind] October 2016

12:33 Cilla 2 Comments


I'm excited for November! I'm halfway through my course, it's time for NaNo, and we're moving ever closer to Christmas. All in all, it should be a good month (even with the revision that I'm currently putting off). Looking back, October wasn't too bad either. Once I've pushed past the deadlines, that is. I'm desperate for a proper holiday, but I feel that my life is on the right track at the moment. It's a nice feeling, and I really hope it lasts.

Anyway, onto bookish and blogging matters!


New to My Shelves



I might have squealed a little bit when I saw Blood for Blood in the bookshop. I've finished reading it now, and it does not disappoint. A review is coming! Also, I went to the library to check out the textbook, but I couldn't just walk away with one book. Hence, A Little Paris Bookshop. It's one of those books whose title has been on my radar for a while, but I don't actually know the story. It sounds lovely though, and I'm looking forward to reading it.

Reviews


Other Things on the Blog

  • Cake Break is a new feature I trialled in October. I wanted to connect more with you guys, so I really appreciated the comments!
  • I talked about my favourite lady detectives and why I love them. 
  • Aaand I made the decision to join NaNoWriMo this year. Meet the novel here! As I write this, it is Day 2 of NaNo for me, and I'm on 2,828 words.

Challenges Progress

  • Goodreads challenge: 54/30 books
  • Discussion challenge: 10/24 discussion posts
  • Diverse Reads challenge: 6 books
  • #RockMyTBR challenge: 10 books
  • Backlist Books challenge: 12 books
  • Around the World challenge. 
  • Commenting 365 challenge: 67/365 comments

In Store for Next Month

Watch this space for a review of Blood for Blood! I also would like to continue chatting with you guys over cake, and there should be a bookish discussion post too.

How was your October? I hope life's been treating you well!
Have you had any 5-stars read lately? 

2 comments:

  1. Your WWII book reviews were very interesting - I had not read any of those. It's so exciting when you get a new sequel to a book you enjoyed -- I'm glad it did not disappoint you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you'll read one of those books - they're absolutely worth the time. :)

      Delete

Thanks for reading! It makes my day to hear your thoughts and I will respond asap. :)