The Chanukah Book Tag

16:14 Cilla 4 Comments



Happy holidays!! I hope you had/are having a great holiday period, whether or not you celebrated Christmas. 😄 The lovely Clara @ Lost in My Library created this book tag to celebrate a holiday (other than Christmas) that takes place around this time of year. I don't know much about this holiday at all, unfortunately, but I've been reading up on it while working on this tag, so thanks for the learning opportunity, Clara!


CHANUKAH/HANUKKAH/CHANNUKDSJKFLVAL: A fictional name you can never spell right


The name of the water horses in The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater. I listened to the audiobook, and while I can pronounce the name, I'd never remember how to spell it without Google. Is it capal ishka? Kapall uiska? I have no idea.



EIGHT NIGHTS: A series that got more books than planned

I'm still annoyed about the extra 3 books tacked onto The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare. There were things about them I enjoyed (I'd never say no to extra time with Simon Lewis), but I would have been content with the original three installments.


MACCABEES: Your favourite fictional rebel/underdog

I can't go past the rebel crew of The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer. Cinder, Cress, Scarlet and Winter are some of my favourite rebels; not all of them are spunky or brave, but they're all fierce in their on ways. 

MENORAH: A book that lights up your life


Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling will never not make me happy. Reading it always takes me back to the magic that is Hogwarts, and as cheesy as it sounds, it really does feel like home.



DREIDEL: A book you took a chance on

Nevernight by Jay Kristoff doesn't sound like my usual kind of reading. I usually avoid books with a lot of violence, but this one is about murder, revenge, and involves a lot of assassins. 😅 I am giving it a shot, however. I'm still in the middle of it, so I'll let you know how it goes!



LATKES: Your favourite bookish food

All the descriptions of feasts in The Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo never fails to make me
hungry. I actually don't remember all the names of the food, but I do remember that they all sound incredibly yummy.

APPLESAUCE AND SOUR CREAM: Your favourite bookish rivalry


This was a hard one! I have to say the rivalry between Ross Poldark and George Warleggan from Poldark by Winston Graham is my favourite one this year. It may have more with the show than the books, but still - Ross and George are the perfect foil for each other, in my opinion, and their rivalry has a tendency to bring out each man's true colours.

SUFGANYOT: A book that's filled with sweetness

...I can't think of any! 😧 I don't think I've read anything sweet and adorable lately. Recommendations are welcomed for this category!

BONUS: Your favourite Jewish book character




Hands down: Yael from Wolf by Wolf by Ryan Graudin. She's a fascinating character, with a heart and strength tempered by enduring horrific things.  



I'm going to tag: Catherine @ We'll Meet It When It Does, Lauren @ SERIESous Book Reviews, Julia @ The Tree of Books, Gerri @ Corralling Books, and anyone else who wants to do the tag! 

4 comments:

  1. Ohmagosh I couldn't spell Capal Ishka? for the life of me haha. Yesss The Lunar Chronicles crew is definitely made up of some of my favorite rebels! I hope you end up loving Nevernight, Cilla! I've heard amazing things.
    Lovely post <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That name is definitely something I'd always have to google to get right! I've finished Nevernight now and it definitely has some amazing qualities - though I'm not 100% in love with all the violence haha. Thanks, Faith! <3

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad you liked the tag! I love the rebel crew from the Lunar Chronicles, too! I've been meaning to reread that series - it's been WAY too long, and I need more of those characters. As for The Mortal Instruments, I keep forgetting that that was originally supposed to be a trilogy! I got around to it pretty late - I think I read the first book a little before City of Heavenly Fire was released. It's pretty incredible to see what it's expanded into now! I'm still not sure whether I'm going to read all of the books, but I haven't gotten tired of that world yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for tagging me, Clara! Sameee, I've been thinking of rereading TLC! I was thinking about trying cosplay next year and would love to do Cinder, but I can't even remember how she dresses haha. I enjoyed the other series in the Shadowhunter world, but I can never seem to remember who's related to who!

      Delete

Thanks for reading! It makes my day to hear your thoughts and I will respond asap. :)