Current Bookish Affairs

10:16 Cilla 0 Comments

I'm a book polygamist. At any given time I could have one book on my nightstand for bedtime, another in my bag and another on my phone just in case I'm stuck waiting somewhere. Or. I start one book, get sidetracked with another, get bored and go back to the first one, and so on. The only time it doesn't happen is when a book has truly captured my attention (and it's the right size to fit in my bag so I can keep reading while I'm out and about).

At the moment, these are on my 'currently reading' list:


On my nightstand: Eragon by Christopher Paolini

I read and owned the first two books in the Inheritance Cycle, but for the life of me I can't remember the story. This annoys me, so I'm attempting a re-read. This is a slow process, as I keep losing interest. Now that I've reached the part where we meet the dragon though, I'm trying to not give up on it.

In my bag: Journey to the Center of the Earth by Jules Verne

This is one of those 'bought ages ago during a sale and never read' books. I enjoyed Around the World in 80 Days, and I watched the movie with Josh Hutcherson and Brendan Fraser, so I feel oddly obliged to read it. I keep falling out of this one too, but I'm still hanging in there.

Tentatively starting: White Cat by Holly Black

Given how difficult it is with the two above, I need a book that I can just sink my teeth into. I literally just cracked this book open this morning, so fingers crossed this will be the one!

0 comments:

Thanks for reading! It makes my day to hear your thoughts and I will respond asap. :)