My Current Book Affairs

14:20 Cilla 0 Comments

Unfortunately I haven't been reading much these past few weeks. Being an adult has been ridiculously stressful, and I did a little bit of travelling that sapped the last of my energy. Thankfully, after a relaxing weekend and some time for myself, I'm feeling like my life is back on track. So, I'm hoping to get this blog back on track as well! Starting with a little update on my reading life:


1. Eragon by Christopher Paolini

I gave up on this reread. The story never quite held my attention this time around. Maybe in the future I'll give it another shot.

2. Moll Flanders by Daniel Defoe

This was one of the books my mother and I bought years ago, when the local bookshop was selling a lot of English classics for really cheap. I'm not really sure how I feel about this story so far. It can be hard work to read at times, but every time I'm ready to give up on it, the story gets interesting. I'm about halfway through though, and I intend to finish it.

3. Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl

I sort of started on this series backward. I saw the movie, liked it, then bought Beautiful Chaos because it happened to be really cheap. My mother, the enabler, told me to go for it and that I could always buy the rest of the series during another sale. So when Beautiful Creatures went on sale, I got a copy. So far, it's an easy read and interesting enough, but the characters are sort of flat for me.

Here's hoping I have more time to read in the upcoming weeks!

0 comments:

Thanks for reading! It makes my day to hear your thoughts and I will respond asap. :)