October Rewind

11:41 Cilla 2 Comments

I've never done of these monthly wrap-up before, mostly because I didn't know what I might put in this sort of post. Reading everyone else's has been lots of fun though, so I am giving this shot. :)

I Reviewed:

For The Princess Diaries Book Club, I Read:
Cam shared her thoughts on Princess In the Spotlight and Princess in Love here! We both agreed that there was an issue with continuity in the former, and that the ending for the latter is 100% adorable. 

Other Going-ons On The Blog:

    Discussion Posts:



     Top Ten Tuesday:


Personally, This Month:

  • Two Saturdays ago, I taught first conditionals ('If I stay up tonight, I will be tired tomorrow'), and made them do a listening practice in which they had to write down all of the 'if' phrases from One Direction's Perfect. It was the first time my pop culture knowledge was actually ahead of my students!
  • I have been waiting and waiting to hear back from graduate schools about my application, and I have a feeling the wait will continue well into November...
  • I found out there is a fourth book in the Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants series! :O 
  • I fell in love with The Librarians, the tv show. It has magic, myths, Rebecca Romijn, globe-trotting, and a library; what more could I ask for?
  • A colleague of mine started reading Cinder by Marissa Meyer following my (very enthusiastic) recommendation, and she fell in love with it. It made me so happy. She is the fourth person in my life that I've turned onto reading The Lunar Chronicles, and I'm hoping there may be more! 

2 comments:

  1. Just one person's opinion, but although the fourth Sisterhood book is really good and wrapped everything up perfectly (I thought anyway) - I wouldn't recommend the fifth (Sisterhood Everlasting). It kind of ruined everything and I wish I'd never read it. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwh no! :( That sucks when a book lets a series down. I may avoid the fifth book then!

      Delete

Thanks for reading! It makes my day to hear your thoughts and I will respond asap. :)