Review: Animorphs #42 - The Journey

22:25 Cilla 0 Comments

Title: Animorphs #42 - The Journey
Author: K.A. Applegate
Publisher: Scholastic
Source: Ebook
Synopsis: The Helmacrons need more power to escape the earth's atmosphere, so they have returned to demand the morphing cube. When Rachel tries to destroy their ship, the tiny egomaniacs bail - right into Marco's left nostril. And the other Animorphs have to get them out before the little aliens do some real damage.

Review: ⋆⋆⋆

"Excuse me," Marco cried, "are you planning to have a BATTLE in my NOSE?!"

That quote sums up perfectly the tone of this book. The Journey is light-hearted, suffused with a kind of humour that has been missing from the last few installments. It's a filler book whose plot seems to have little consequence on the main arc; while I enjoyed the read, I still wish we'd gone back to the main plot.

I enjoyed the change of setting. Instead of visiting yet another planet, dimension, or reality, this time the Animorphs take their fight somewhere much closer to home - the human body. The story line is a bit heavy-handed with the biology lessons, but I found it rather fascinating. I'm not very good with biology so it took a bit of an effort for me to figure out and keep track of where the characters were! I also like the POV switches between Rachel and Marco, and how we could see the way the battles actually affect him. I didn't find Marco's side mission and how it unfolded particularly believable, however.

Overall, this was a fun read, but I'm really missing those missions where the Animorphs actually make an impact against the Yeerk invasion.

0 comments:

Thanks for reading! It makes my day to hear your thoughts and I will respond asap. :)