May 2016 Rewind
It's starting to feel like someone's put their feet down on the gas for 2016. I feel like it was only the other day that I've just started a new semester, and suddenly I'm studying for finals again. Probably the biggest shock to my system is the fact that it is now winter here in the southern hemisphere! I'm in a weird conundrum of really enjoying being cold for a change but not at all used to it after growing up in a tropical place. But hey, winter is a good excuse to drink as much hot chocolate as I like, which is exactly what I do. (I'm on my second mug for the day as I type this up.)
Before I dive into June, let's look back on May.
New to My Shelves
I bought one book this month: Phil Kaye's A Lightbulb Symphony. It was a special occassion since I bought it when I went to see him and Sarah Kay perform, but still... I'm officially $10 over my budget now, so absolutely no more book buying for me!
My friend has been squeeing about Poldark, the television series, and so when I found the audiobook during a random browse through the library's catalogue, I had to check it out. I'm really enjoying it so far!
Other Things on the Blog
- I ponder whether I am a YA blogger or not, and if it's even necessary to categorise myself.
- I had another edition of Snazzy Snippets!
- There are issues with reading on a commute and I talk about some of them.
- I re-read Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban and discovered I'd forgotten some of the details!
- Goodreads challenge: 18/30 books
- Discussion challenge: 7/24 discussion posts
- Diverse Reads challenge: ...I have lost track D:
- #RockMyTBR challenge: 6 books
- Backlist Books challenge: 6 books
- Around the World challenge: map
- Commenting 365 challenge: 51/365 comments
In Store for Next Month
Ummm, I'm actually not sure. Hopefully much better organisation for this blog. XD In my defense, I'm in the middle of exams!
How was May for you? Did you read anything awesome?