The First Step

11:29 Cilla 0 Comments

Hello there! Welcome to my little corner of the blogosphere. I'm Cilla, 24, and I've been a bookworm for as long as I can remember.

I grew up in a family of readers. My parents read to me long before I could do it for myself (according to them, Sleeping Beauty was my first love). My aunt likes to tell the story of how she took one-year-old me to a book sale, with one hand to help her go through the selections and the other balancing me on her hip. We all love to buy books, even though often-packed schedules have resulted in there being piles of unread books in our house. We don't necessarily share the same taste, but now that I'm more grown up and recently moved back home, my TBR (to be read) list has expanded to include some of my parents' favourite titles and authors. My goal this year is to cut down on that list as much as I can.

There are two reasons behind the creation of this blog. Last year, I started using Goodreads more actively and discovered how fun it could be to connect with other readers. I love a good friendly discussion about books, and I figured a blog would help me get involved in more of that. The other reason is that I want to reconnect with my family. I've been away from home for a long time, and I've changed too. Sometimes I find myself struggling to find something we can share. It's my hope that by reading the titles they have chosen and loved, we'll understand each other better.

Because I like having everything in one place, I'm going to transfer reviews from Goodreads while I get cracking on my list, one dusty book at a time. I hope you'll come along for the ride. :)

0 comments:

Thanks for reading! It makes my day to hear your thoughts and I will respond asap. :)