Wishlist Wednesday: The Obernewtyn Chronicles

17:59 Cilla 0 Comments

Obernewtyn Chronicles by Isobelle Carmody
'For Elspeth Gordie freedom is-like so much else after the Great White - a memory. It was a time known as the Age of Chaos. In a final explosive flash everything was destroyed. The few who survived banded together and formed a Council for protection. But people like Elspeth-mysteriously born with powerful mental abilities-are feared by the Council and hunted down like animals...to be destroyed.

Her only hope for survival to is keep her power hidden. But is secrecy enough against the terrible power of the Council?'


My Australian friends have been recommending The Obernewtyn Chronicles since... perhaps my first year in Melbourne. I read Obernewtyn, Farseekers, and then half of Ashling before I realised I probably should buy the books rather than borrow them from the library. Three weeks isn't enough when the books are that thick and you have uni to deal with. Unfortunately, I just haven't bought any of them yet. Now that I'm not in Australia, I can't find them in the bookshops. (This is where Book Depository may come in handy.)

I remember loving Elspeth and the world building in this series. There's something unusual about Carmody's writing that I can't describe without having the books in front of me, but as a whole the story was quite enchanting. I'd really like to finish the series, and also re-read the beginning because I've forgotten the details. xD

Have you read Obernewtyn Chronicles? What is on your wishlist this week?

0 comments:

Thanks for reading! It makes my day to hear your thoughts and I will respond asap. :)