Top Ten Tuesday: Six Characters I Just Didn't Click With

09:07 Cilla 0 Comments

Top Ten Tuesday is an original meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. Click here for information.


1 &2 . Julia and Valentina Noblin, Her Fearful Symmetry. A pair of mirror twins with a co-dependent relationship should make for a fascinating read. I never connected with either of them, however, and never understood any of the choices they made in the story.

3. Will Herondale, The Infernal Devices. Oh Will. So witty, so gorgeous, but I just didn't care for
him and his angst-ing. A part of my lack of connection with him might be because he was in direct comparison to Jem Carstairs pretty much the whole time, and I love Jem. Still, even in the moments when we got a closer look at the vulnerable person underneath the swag, I didn't click with Will.

4. Bella Swan, Twilight. I was okay with Bella in the first book, but New Moon completely turned me off. I understood the heartbreak, but I wanted so badly for her to at least try and pursue things other than pining over Edward. Alas, she never did.

5. Sookie Stackhouse, True Blood. I've only ever read Dead Until Dark and never watched the TV series, so my judgment of her is solely on that installment. I felt disconnected from her the whole time though, and so didn't care to find out more.

6. Alaska Young, Looking for Alaska. I am probably very much in the minority here, but I couldn't care for Alaska enough for me to understand why everyone else in the book was fascinated with her. I don't even remember enough of the book to remember why I didn't click with her.


0 comments:

Thanks for reading! It makes my day to hear your thoughts and I will respond asap. :)