My Blogging and Bookish Resolutions For 2017

08:00 Cilla 0 Comments



I'm a resolution kind of girl. I like making a list of my goals and working toward them, or most of them anyway after February. 😝 In 2016, most of my goals for this blog get forgotten because I started the year launching into my study. This year, I'm hoping to be better!

It's taken me a while to decide what my goals are in terms of blogging and reading this year. I know that I won't have any more time to devote to blogging than last year, but I'd like to be better organised with the time I do have for it.

I also would like to be better about my book buying and picking habits. I made a resolution last year to limit my book budget to $100, which I only managed to do for the first half of the year. I see now that it was overly ambitious, but it got me into the good habit of thinking twice before purchasing a book.

With these in mind, here are my blogging and bookish resolutions for 2017!

Stick to a two-posts-a-week schedule. I've been attempting to get into the habit of drafting and scheduling posts in advance. I won't be able to post as often as I have during the holiday, but I think I can manage two posts a week if I stay organised!

Maintain the connections I've made with other bloggers. In real life as on the internet, I don't make friends easily. The ones I do make though, I usually hang on to. that's what I'd like to do with my blogging friends as well.

Stick to a book budget of $250. As I mentioned earlier, having a book budget has put me in a good habit of thinking before buying books.  As much as I'd like to buy all the books, I don't have the space or the income to do so. My budget last year was ridiculously ambitious, so I'm raising it. I'm not sure this is much more realistic, but it won't work if it's not a challenge!

Read more from my parents' bookshelves. When I started this blog, it was my goal to go through the unread books my parents have at home. Given I currently live an ocean away from my parents, I can't physically pick books up from their shelves. I can, however, take their recommendations and check if the libraries have the copies! It's not quite the same, but it'll have something close to the desired effect.


Do you have blogging and bookish resolutions set for 2017? 

0 comments:

Thanks for reading! It makes my day to hear your thoughts and I will respond asap. :)